We are Hiring!
8/26/2019 - The Beaded Peacock is seeking one to two part-time employees to join our awesome bead shop!
Hours needed include Wednesdays 10-6 and/or Tuesday & Thursday 3-6 as well as one to two Saturdays a month as this is our busiest day.
We exist to support and encourage the art of beading by providing quality beads and supplies as well as instruction to those who seek to learn more about this enjoyable and rewarding hobby.
We are passionate about small, brick and mortar business and believe bead shops should never be a "thing of the past" so if you agree and want to help one succeed, we want you!
Jewelry making experience is preferred but not necessary. A creative background is helpful, however, customer service is the most essential element of working with us and will outweigh all other considerations. We love a friendly, positive attitude and kindness to all. In addition, employees must desire to create, wear, and learn more about beads and the art of jewelry making.
- Greeting and helping customers in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Ringing up purchases with multiple line items (we carry a lot of inventory!)
- Assisting customers in the selection of beads, color combinations, and custom jewelry options.
- Cleaning and keeping our shop organized.
- Support of class instructors before, during, and after classes.
- Production of jewelry for shop.
- Class and kit preparation. New inventory tagging, tubing, and organizing.
- Pulling & packaging orders to be shipped.
Non-essential but helpful skills include being familiar with: Facebook, Instagram, Mail Chimp, and Shopify platforms.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please email Lauren at lauren(at)thebeadedpeacock.com.
Also, we are currently seeking additional class instructors for 2020. If you or someone you know teaches bead stringing, wire wrapping, bead weaving, metal work, or other jewelry making techniques, please send them our way!